To achieve the expected results, the Component 1: Support to INEC foresees to implement the following types of activities:
- Formulation and implementation of the 2016-2020 Strategic Plan of Action and the 2016 to 20l9 Election Project Plan;
- Technical assistance for development of policy and legal framework for boundary delimitation, constituency delineation and creation of additional polling units, including support for local consultations and data gathering to base decisions;
- Technical assistance for creation/reconfiguration of additional polling units;
- Technical assistance and support for the review, formulation and implementation of legal and constitutional framework on election;
- Flexible and needs-oriented advisory support at the institutional level;
- Delivery of inclusive and customized trainings schemes;
- High-level national and international conferences and seminars on pertinent thematic areas pertaining to electoral assistance;
- Face-to-face coaching and mentoring activities to raise leadership capacities amongst selected key beneficiaries;
- Awareness raising campaigns to foster public involvement and participation in democratic processes;
- Media monitoring and institutional communication for public outreach;
- Targeted results-oriented support to bolster women and youth’s involvement and participation in democratic processes (etc.).
Click here to access detailed information about beneficiairies: the Independent Electoral Commission, the State Independent Electoral Commissions (SIECs) and the Forum of State Independent Electoral Commissions of Nigeria (FOSIECON).