To achieve the expected results, the Component 4: Support to media, foresees to implement the following types of activities:
- Training of station managers and editors on strategies to developing and implementing electoral codes of conduct, developing elections coverage plans;
- In-depth capacity training for journalists to foster development to partner stations in the pre- and electoral cycle period with a focus on long-term political accountability;
- Organisation of platforms of media experts to review and update of "The Nigerian Media Code of Election Coverage" and support effective implementation of Freedom of Information Act;
- Promote the use of new and social media platforms to create awareness and active citizen's political participation; organisation of Focus Group Discussions (FGDs) with media stakeholders on media coverage of electoral processes;
- Targeted technical expertise and capacity development for National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) Staff;
- Organisation of sensitisation media campaigns promoting inclusive political participation.